SALDA Research Institute (SALDARI)
In 2019, Speech and Language Development Australia established the SALDA Research Institute.
The objectives of SALDARI are to bring together consumers, educators, clinicians, researchers and policymakers to work collaboratively to:
- Identify priority issues that require further development of an evidence base.
- Facilitate high-quality, independent research synthesis, and policy and practice-based research.
- Ensure research findings are translated into policy and practice.
- Build capacity in the health and education sector for knowledge translation and exchange.
- Communicate the outcomes of our work widely and authoritatively and build collaborative networks nationally and internationally.
The SALDA Research Institute will work to achieve these objectives by:
- Working with other organisations and stakeholders to identify priority educational, clinical and policy issues.
- Directly funding targeted research.
- Supporting research on emerging issues through a competitive research grants program.
- Actively promoting and sharing research findings through publications, conferences and the media.
- Using the research evidence to support our advocacy work to influence government policy makers at the state and national level.
Here you will find a collection of recent open access and fee-for-access research publications on Developmental Language Disorder. The SALDA Research Institute brings together consumers, educators, clinicians, researchers and policymakers to identify, facilitate, build knowledge, exchange and communicate the outcomes of our work widely and authoritatively and create collaborative…read more
All of our current and past Developmental Language Disorder research projects are listed on this page. The SALDA Research Institute works with organisations and stakeholders to identify priority educational, clinical and policy issues and directly funds targeted research. Past Research Projectsread more
Developmental Language Disorder is estimated to be as common as asthma, but the cause is not well understood. DLD is estimated to have an economic impact in Australia of over $1billion every year but the support available to children and their families varies widely between states. The management of…read more