Our Townsville team is currently looking for an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to join our School Support Services program for a 12-month Maternity leave cover, From 20 May 2019.
The School Support Services program operates across Queensland, including State, Catholic Education and Independent Schools. Team members work collaboratively with school staff and students in Prep to year 12. The multidisciplinary team consists of Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Educators and a Physiotherapist.
The Speech Language Pathologist role will be required to participate in the multidisciplinary evaluation process, inclusive of an intensive support program supporting capacity building for school staff. These services are delivered through both face-to-face and e-services.
The role is expected to exercise initiative in the application of professional practices either as a member (in some situations as leader) or a specialist professional in multidisciplinary teams or independently and may deputise for the professional head of a small work unit.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures related to the provision of educational services to students with Language Disorder
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies with a sound evidence base.
- Knowledge and understanding of the comorbidities associated with language disorder.
- Experience in and understanding of multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches to working with children and young people with a disability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively with others.
- A commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to peers.
Previous experience with student supervision is desirable.
This role will be based out of our Townsville office.
Benefits of the role include salary packaging and salary sacrifice options that significantly increase your take home pay.
All application to get lodged through seek.com.au: https://www.seek.com.au/job/38598139
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter
Closing date: Monday 08 April 2019.
SALDA is committed to safe and supportive work practices. The successful candidate will be subject to teacher registration check or Blue Card screening, reference checks, identification verification and be required to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities including young people.