We are looking for an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to be part of our School Support Services program which operates across Queensland, including State, Catholic Education and Independent Schools. Team members work collaboratively with school staff and students in Prep to year 12. The multidisciplinary team consists of Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Educators and Physiotherapist.
The Speech Language Pathologist role will be required to participate in the multidisciplinary evaluation process, inclusive of an intensive support program supporting capacity building for school staff. These services are delivered through both face-to-face and e-services.
The role is expected to exercise initiative in the application of professional practices either as a member (in some situations as leader) or a specialist professional in multidisciplinary teams or independently and may deputise for the professional head of a small work unit.
This is a Full-time position until 31 December 2019, covering the Brisbane metro area, and based out of our school and offices in Fig Tree Pocket, QLD 4069.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures related to the provision of educational services to students with Language Disorder
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies with a sound evidence base.
- Knowledge and understanding of the comorbidities associated with language disorder.
- Experience in and understanding of multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches to working with children and young people with a disability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively with others.
- A commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to peers.
Previous experience with student supervision is desirable.
Benefits of the role include salary packaging and salary sacrifice options that significantly increase your take-home pay.
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter
- No more than two pages of demonstrated evidence that address the qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience listed in the Position Description.
Please forward the above documentation through to our HR team to lodge your application on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am Monday 21 January 2019.