Speech Language Pathologist
SALDA is committed to supporting all children and young people to find their voice.
Speech & Language Development Australia (SALDA) is the nation’s peak body supporting and advocating for the needs of children and young people with speech, language and related disorders.
For over 40 years our not-for-profit organisation has developed a unique, multidisciplinary approach to helping the 1 in 14 children with Developmental Language Disorder find their voice. SALDA provides holistic, innovative and effective therapy, education and support services.
These services include: The Glenleighden School, School and Educational Support Services and Professional Learning, and Research and Advocacy.
About the role
Due to expansion of our current services, our Brisbane team is currently looking for an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to join the Educational Support Services program, part-time.
As one of our Speech Pathologists, you will work within a multi-disciplinary team to provide appropriate therapeutic and educational outcomes for children with Language Disorder.
You will draw on your deep understanding of early childhood development to coordinate delivery of screening and/or assessment processes for children and young people, as well as develop and implement direct individual and/or group therapy programs both via face to face and e-therapy services to facilitate speech and language development. This position may also involve increasing the awareness of early educational professionals and the community about Developmental Language Disorder.
Why work with SALDA?
- SALDA’s wages are aligned with QLD state awards.
- Additional benefits of working for a non-profit include generous salary packaging and salary sacrifice options, significantly increasing your take home pay.
- Roles are based on a fixed annual salary, with an annual incremental offered in line with the award. As this is a salaried role, remuneration is not dependent on number of clients seen, although a focus on growing the caseload is anticipated. Administration time necessary to the role is provided for within paid work hours.
- We offer each employee an individual professional development budget, and the opportunity to negotiate flexible work options.
- As the peak Australian body supporting children and young people with DLD, SALDA provide staff access to internal professional development opportunities, the latest research and an opportunity to participate in research projects.
What you will need to succeed: (selection criteria)
- Experience working as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures related to the provision of educational services to students with Language Disorder
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies with a sound evidence base.
- Knowledge and understanding of the comorbidities associated with language disorder.
- Experience in and understanding of multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches to working with children and young people with a disability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively with others.
- A commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
How to Apply:
To learn more about our organisation and view the full Position Description please visit www.salda.org.au.
Applications must be made through SEEK (https://www.seek.com.au/job/39712279).
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter
For all confidential enquiries please call Martin Klavsen on 1300 881 763
Applications close Monday 26th August 2019
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check or similar (where relevant to the role).