Due to an expansion of our current services our Brisbane team is currently looking for an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to join the Educational Support Services program, either full time or part time.
The Educational Support Services – Speech Language Pathologist is part of a multidisciplinary team, supporting the therapeutic and educational outcomes for children with a developmental language disorder.
The role of the Speech Language Pathologist will be required to participate in the screening and/or assessment processes for children, as well as develop and implement direct individual and/or group therapy programs to facilitate speech and language development. This position may also involve increasing the awareness of early education professionals and the community about childhood language disorders.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Speech Language Pathologist
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures related to the provision of educational services to students with Language Disorder
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies with a sound evidence base.
- Knowledge and understanding of the comorbidities associated with language disorder.
- Experience in and understanding of multidisciplinary and transdisciplinary approaches to working with children and young people with a disability.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively with others.
- A commitment to personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support to peers.
Benefits of the role include salary packaging and salary sacrifice options that significantly increase your take home pay. We also offer each employee individual professional development budgets, flexible work option when report writing, and additionally, being the peak Australian body dealing with DLD, access to the newest research in the area and even an option to be part of this if it has your interest.
To learn more about our organisation and view the full Position Description please visit www.salda.org.au
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter
Closing date: COB Monday 08 July 2019.
SALDA is committed to safe and supportive work practices. The successful candidate will be subject to teacher registration check or Blue Card screening, reference checks, identification verification and be required to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities including young people.