We are currently looking for a highly organised individual to join our multidisciplinary team. The Secondary Years Coordinator and Teacher’s role is to coordinate comprehensive and effective educational programs for students, their families and educational team designated as clients of SALDA through The Glenleighden School.
This is a dual role. The Coordinator component will lead the revision and expansion of the Secondary School curriculum to provide greater options for our students. Positions at this level will have supervisory responsibilities for the senior years Teachers and School Assistants, while also assisting new teachers by providing guidance and advice.
The Teacher component is as one of the key professionals within a multidisciplinary team, supporting appropriate educational outcomes for students with a disability for whom language is their primary disorder.
This is a full-time contract position until the end of 2019, with the possibility of extension.
Benefits of the role include salary packaging and salary sacrifice options that significantly increase your take home pay.
- Experience in and understanding of Australian Curriculum
- Experience in leading and managing a small team of professionals to achieve student outcomes.
- Knowledge of and experience in best practice and procedures related to the education of students with disability;
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies and curriculum with a sound evidence base within an educational setting;
- Experience in supervision of the EAP verification process;
- An ability to develop and implement curriculum programs to engage diverse learners and differentiate to meet the needs of all learners;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively within and across teams;
- A demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development;
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Education and/or experience in delivery of subject areas of STEM and Technologies (Design and/or Digital);
- Knowledge of practices, acts, regulations and systems relating to education, special education and the EAP verification process.
- Knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary approaches to working with children and young people with disability.
Position description underneath. To be considered for this position your application must include:
· Cover letter
· No more than two pages of demonstrated evidence that address the qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience listed in the Position Description.
Please forward all applications via seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/37979613
Closing date: Wednesday 09 January 2019.