We are currently looking for a highly organised individual to join our multidisciplinary team. The Primary Years Coordinator’s role is to coordinate comprehensive and effective educational programs for students, their families and educational team designated as clients of SALDA through The Glenleighden School.
This is a full-time contract position until the end of 2019, with the possibility of extension.
Benefits of the role include salary packaging and salary sacrifice options that significantly increase your take home pay.
- Knowledge of and experience in best practice and procedures related to the education of students with disability;
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement best practice methodologies and curriculum with a sound evidence base within an educational setting;
- An ability to develop and implement curriculum programs to engage diverse learners and differentiate to meet the needs of all learners;
- Knowledge of the Australian Curriculum with specific reference to Primary Years subjects;
- Experience in supervision of the EAP verification process;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to self-direct as well as work effectively within and across teams;
- A demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development;Demonstrated ability to develop professional networks both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of practices, acts, regulations and systems relating to education, special education and the EAP verification process.
- Knowledge and understanding of multidisciplinary approaches to working with children and young people with disability.
Position description underneath. To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter
- No more than two pages of demonstrated evidence that address the qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience listed in the Position Description.
Please forward all applications via seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/38008730?_ga=2.211741845.1084967486.1546469988-1042851223.1545272053
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 14 January 2019.
SALDA is committed to safe and supportive work practices. The successful candidate will be subject to teacher registration check or Blue Card screening, reference checks, identification verification and be required to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities including young people.