The Finance Manager is responsible for all finance at SALDA, covering all the business units within the organisation. The Finance Manager will provide management and oversight of these areas and supervision of relevant staff. Important elements of the role are understanding of accounting policy and regulation, local, state and federal government policy and regulations relevant to funding arrangements for education and disability and the not-for-profit sector in general.
The Finance Manager is a key member of the Leadership Team demonstrating discretion, honesty and integrity in all internal and external SALDA relationships showing a strong commitment to the organisation and achievement of its objectives. Working as part of the leadership team, you will also have influence on the direction of the organisation and thereby helping us achieve the best possible outcome for all the children and families we support on a daily basis.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Why work with SALDA?
- SALDA offers competitive, market-based salaries
- Additional benefits of working for a non-profit include generous salary packaging and salary sacrifice options, significantly increasing your take home pay.
- We offer each employee an individual professional development budget, and the opportunity to negotiate flexible work options.
- As the peak Australian body supporting children and young people with DLD, SALDA provides staff access to internal professional development opportunities, the latest research and an opportunity to participate in research projects.
What you will need to succeed:
Qualifications / Registrations / Professional memberships
- As a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an approved tertiary institution (essential).
- Eligibility for membership of the Chartered Practicing Accountants Association (CPA) or equivalent (essential)
- Formal qualifications or certificates in Corporate Governance (Desirable)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar Finance Manager Role.
- Extensive experience in strategic leadership and management within the Disability or Education Sectors;
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence with highly developed communication skills, both written and oral;
- Knowledge of current government practices in relation to funding for health, education, disability and welfare.
- Demonstrated success in inspiring cultural change within a diverse team of professionals or organisation;
- Experience in reporting to a Board structure;
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting in a diverse organisation, preferably in the not-for-profit sector;
- Understanding of the specific requirements of financial management and business acquisition in the not-for-profit sector;
- Demonstrated experience in preparation and presentation of financial reports to the Board;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- Experience and understanding of financial risk management;
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills necessary for working with staff, families, other organisations and government;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- Experience in the supervision of staff;
Please forward all applications via seek: https://www.seek.com.au/job/39964556
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter
Closing date: COB Monday 7 October 2019.
SALDA is committed to safe and supportive work practices. The successful candidate will be subject to teacher registration check or Blue Card screening, reference checks, identification verification and be required to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities including young people.