Multiple Positions Available
SALDA is committed to supporting all children and young people to find their voice.
Speech & Language Development Australia (SALDA) is the nation’s peak body supporting and advocating for the needs of children and young people with speech, language and related disorders.
For over 40 years our not-for-profit organisation has developed a unique, multidisciplinary approach to helping the 1 in 14 children with Developmental Language Disorder find their voice. SALDA provides holistic, innovative and effective therapy, education and support services.
These services include: The Glenleighden School, School and Educational Support Services and Professional Learning, and Research and Advocacy.
The role of the School Assistant is to facilitate the smooth implementation of the specialist teaching and therapy programs under the direction of teaching and therapy staff. The School Assistant contributes to the provision of a quality educational service by assisting and supporting teachers with the preparation and enhancement of learning materials and associated activities.
There are three full-time term-time only, contract positions available until the end of 2020, with the possibility of extension.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist students with special needs.
- Clerical assistance duties including typing teachers’ notes, photocopying, compiling students’ results records.
- Assisting in the supervision of education activities, under the direction of a teacher.
- To assist in preparing for, implementing and tidying after teaching and therapy sessions.
- Listening to students’ reading.
- Reading aloud and storytelling.
- To prepare therapy, teaching and/or administrative materials.
- Assisting teaching staff with playground and bus supervision.
- To supervise students at arrival and departure from school.
- To participate in special events or activities, including Sports Day, School Concert, camps, horse-riding, Awards night.
- To maintain a clean and safe working environment for all.
- Other specific classroom duties under the direction of the teacher
What you will need to succeed:
Candidates need to be working towards or in possession of a Certificate III in Education Support (or comparable qualification).
Why work with SALDA?
- SALDA’s wages are aligned with QLD state awards.
- Additional benefits of working for a non-profit include generous salary packaging and salary sacrifice options, significantly increasing your take home pay.
- Roles are based on a fixed annual salary, with an annual incremental offered in line with the award. Annualised Salary available.
- We offer each employee an individual professional development budget, and the opportunity to negotiate flexible work options.
- As the peak Australian body supporting children and young people with DLD, SALDA provides staff access to internal professional development opportunities, the latest research and an opportunity to participate in research projects.
How to Apply:
Applications must be made through SEEK (seek.com.au).
To be considered for this position, your application must include:
- Cover letter
For all confidential enquiries please call Jillian Campbell on 1300 881 763
Closing date: Monday 18 November 2019.
SALDA is committed to safe and supportive work practices. The successful candidate will be subject to teacher registration check or Blue Card screening, reference checks, identification verification and be required to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities including young people.