- This event has passed.
Webinar Event: Reading Comprehension
10 September 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm AESTFree
Reading comprehension is an essential classroom and life skill that allows students to access curriculum content and learn new vocabulary, as well as fostering imagination. In order to comprehend written information, students require a solid foundation in oral language comprehension, as well as the skills of word recognition and decoding. Students who demonstrate reading comprehension difficulties benefit from additional support – this webinar aims to discuss and demonstrate a range of strategies for teachers to implement in their classroom to help these students.
In this webinar attendees will expect to investigate:
- Oral language comprehension as the foundation for reading comprehension
- Strategies to support students’ reading comprehension, including:
– Explicit instruction of reading comprehension strategies
– Adjustments to texts/activities to support comprehension
– In-class reading comprehension activities
This webinar will be recorded. If you are not able to make the live event. please RSVP and a link to the recording will be sent to you following the event.
Presenters: Annie L, Educator & Elizabeth L, Speech Language Pathologist, from SALDA School Support Services.