The administrative assistant role is responsible for providing administrative services to the School Support Services and Allied Health Services team and will liaise between the services and current and potential schools.
The assistant will provide daily administrative support with admin, technological and facility affairs, as well as will effectively develop visit timetables for schools, resolve complaints and answer inquiries. The position requires a high degree of communication and problem-solving skills.
Main duties and responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with team members, plan, organise delivery and evaluation of school visits.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Identify school’s needs, clarify information, research issues and provide a solution or alternatives.
- Build sustainable relationships.
- Liaison with parents.
- Keep records of conversations.
- Maintain the database and data input.
- Create student files.
- Book appointments, flights, accommodation, car hire etc. for visits.
- Order and store approved resources.
- Create and track invoices.
- Proofread multidisciplinary reports.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience
Qualifications / Registrations / Professional memberships
- A minimum of Year 12 Certificate or Equivalent.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening,
- Previous experience in a customer support role.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- A current Blue Card or Exemption Card (working with children check) or other acceptable evidence.
- Driver’s Licence.
- The assistant will report to the School Support Services Manager.
- The assistant will work closely with the School Support Services and Allied Health Services Team.
- The assistant will build positive relationships with corporate and educational staff throughout the organisation as well as with schools and key contacts across Queensland.
All applications for this position are to be made via Seek: