In this constantly changing world, all employees of schools / childcare centres and parents are frequently challenged to develop new skills, knowledge and approaches in order to provide the best opportunities for children with Language Disorder.
Schools and child care centres are making the commitment to value and develop the performance of all their staff who work with children who have Language Disorder. In addition teachers and therapists have a requirement to complete professional development in Queensland.
The Speech & Language Development Australia Professional Development team provides opportunities for teachers and therapists to develop their skills and knowledge while meeting their professional obligations. For parents, the team provides skills and knowledge to assist with coping with everyday demands of having a child with Language Disorder as well as to facilitate their child’s development and progress.
Our professional team consists of experienced:
- Speech Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
We are able to provide affordable, informative sessions on a wide range of topics such as:
- Speech and Language Development and related issues
- Handwriting in early childhood
- Understanding visual processing skills
- Sensory processing – what is it? Impact on behaviour in the classroom
- What is Language Disorder?
- Supporting language development – for mainstream students and students with Language Disorder
- Managing behaviour of children with Speech/Language Disorder
Sessions can be tailored to meet the needs of individual groups and can be:
- 1:1; small group or large group format
- Aimed at mainstream students or students with speech/language difficulties
- ‘information giving’ or interactive workshop
- Delivered at a venue of your choice
- Delivered at a time convenient to participants
- Designed for staff, parents and/or other professionals
For more information or to discuss your needs please Contact Us on 1300 881 763 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.