DIRECTOR – EDUCATION & BUSINESS SERVICES
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Board, the Director – Education & Business Services will lead the design and implementation of a Board approved strategic plan, while overseeing an experienced and successful team who provide contemporary and evidenced-based services to the community.
The Director – Education & Business Services is integral to the realisation of SALDA’s vision, mission and values and fosters strong stakeholder relationships that positively leverage opportunities which contribute to a sustainable and progressive future.
The Director – Education & Business Services is an advocate of the needs of children and young people with speech, language and related disorders.
Some of your responsibilities
- The achievement of SALDA’s objectives as set by the Board through the Strategic Plan;
- Ensuring that the operations of SALDA are effectively led and managed so that its purposes are fulfilled in a financially sustainable manner;
- Ensuring that the profile, reputation and business practices of SALDA are maintained at a standard qualifying it to be a recipient of multiple funding sources including grants, co-funding partners e.g. government, universities, philanthropic donations, other funding sources;
- Enacting the mission and vision of SALDA and ensuring that it is effectively articulated within the SALDA community and amongst other stakeholders;
- Providing inspirational leadership throughout the organisation and its spheres of influence;
- Ensuring that SALDA operates as a single cohesive entity having a culture of collaboration and excellence.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Extensive experience in strategic leadership and management of an educational organisation;
- Well-developed financial management skills and organisational acumen;
- Demonstrated success in inspiring cultural change within a diverse team of professionals or organisation;
- Proven experience in working and engaging with local communities including children with disability;
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with external stakeholders such as peak bodies, all levels of Government and partner organisations;
- Experience in reporting to a Board;
- Demonstrated experience being the ‘public face’ or organisation’s representative / spokesperson in public forums and the media in order to promote and advance the organisation’s interests and objectives.
How to apply for this position please send your application to HR@salda.org.au
To be considered for this position your application must include:
- Cover letter addressed to: Gareth Davies, Chair, Speech & Language Development Australia
- A concise written response addressing the qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience listed in the Position Description.
Closing date: Monday, 16 October 2017
For a confidential conversation relating to this position phone Jillian Campbell on 07 3378 8444
SALDA is committed to safe and supportive work practices. The successful candidate will be subject to teacher registration check or Blue Card screening, reference checks, identification verification and be required to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities including young people.
Position Description Director_Education_Business Services